|(Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
WICHITA — The Kansas Wildlife, Parks and Tourism Commission will conduct a public meeting and hearing on Thursday, April 26, at the Great Plains Nature Center Auditorium, 6232 East 29th Street North in Wichita. The afternoon session will begin at 1:30 p.m. and recess at 5 p.m., and the evening session will begin at 7 p.m.
The afternoon session will begin with time for public comments on non-agenda items, followed by a general discussion period on the following topics:
- Secretary’s remarks;
- 2011 legislative update;
- Hunter/Angler Recruitment and Retention Program update, Pass It On Program;
- fishing regulations;
- hand fishing harvest analysis;
- potential changes in deer regulations 2013; and
- late migratory bird seasons.
- early migratory bird seasons;
- webless migratory birds;
- commercial mussel harvest;
- prairie chicken seasons;
- falconry regulations;
- public land regulations; and
- KAR 115-25-9a — deer open season, bag limit, permits, and additional considerations.
- KAR 115-25-5 — turkey fall season, bag limit, and permits;
- KAR 115-25-7 — antelope open season, bag limit, and permits; and
- KAR 115-25-8 — elk open season, bag limit, and permits.
Live video and audio streaming of this meeting will be broadcast through the KDWP website, ksoutdoors.com.
If notified in advance, the department will have an interpreter available for the hearing impaired. To request an interpreter, call the Kansas Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at 1-800-432-0698. Any individual with a disability may request other accommodations by contacting the Kansas Wildlife, Parks and Tourism Commission secretary at 620-672-5911.
The next commission meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 21, at Cabela's, 10300 Cabela Dr. in Kansas City, Kan.