GREAT BEND — The Kansas Wildlife, Parks and Tourism Commission will conduct a public meeting and hearing on Thursday, August 11, at the Kansas Wetlands Education Center, 592 NE Highway K-156, northeast of Great Bend on Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Area. The afternoon session will begin at 1:30 p.m. and recess at 5 p.m., and the evening session will begin at 7 p.m.
The afternoon session will begin with time for public comments on non-agenda items, followed by a general discussion period on the following topics:
- Secretary’s remarks;
- tourism briefing;
- geocaching; and
- big game permanent regulations.
- potential changes in deer regulations for 2012;
- spring turkey season;
- KAR 115-8-1 — public lands reference document items;
- fishing regulations;
- aquatic nuisance species (ANS) and bait regulations;
- park regulations; and
- falconry regulations.
- KAR 115-16-3 — nuisance bird control permit application, provisions, and requirements;
- late migratory bird seasons;
- duck zone regulations — 2011 through 2015;
- KAR 115-2-3a — cabin camping permit fees;
- cabin camping permit fees under new process; and
- KAR 115-8-13 — vehicles on the ice.
Live video and audio streaming of this meeting will be broadcast through the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT) website, www.kdwpt.state.ks.us.
If notified in advance, the department will have an interpreter available for the hearing impaired. To request an interpreter, call the Kansas Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at 1-800-432-0698. Any individual with a disability may request other accommodations by contacting the Kansas Wildlife, Parks and Tourism Commission secretary at 620-672-5911.
The next commission meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 13, at the KDWPT Pratt Operations Office, 512 SE 25th Ave., 2 miles east and 1 mile south of Pratt.