Wednesday, December 28, 2011


English: A 1922 State of Kansas hunting license
Image via Wikipedia

2011 licenses expire Dec. 31, some changes for 2012
PRATT—Ready or not, here comes 2012, and saying goodbye to 2011 means saying goodbye to last year’s park permits and hunting and fishing licenses, which expire Dec. 31. It’s easy to forget about buying new licenses because the holidays are so busy, but it’s never been easier or more convenient to purchase your new licenses and permits. Most licenses and park permits are sold at more than 200 vendors across the state, including all Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT) offices, and licenses and permits can be purchased online from the convenience of home with your computer and printer.
While deer permits purchased in 2011 remain valid through the January seasons, hunters will need a 2012 hunting license before venturing out in January. Fishing licenses, trout stamps and third pole permits also expire Dec. 31, and it’s a good idea to buy all your licenses at once so you’re ready when an outdoor opportunity comes along.
Annual Kansas State Parks Vehicle Permits expire Dec. 31 and the off-season prices are available through the end of March. Park goers who buy now can save 20 percent on the cost of an Annual Vehicle Permit. However, the KDWPT Commission approved a recommendation to eliminate the Annual Second Vehicle Permit, which was available at a reduced cost. Other Commission action aimed at maintaining state parks services included increasing overnight camping fees $1 per utility.
More information about license and permit fees is only a click away at Make a list and get all your 2012 licenses and permits so you can ring in the New Year outdoors

No comments:

Post a Comment