Saturday, July 2, 2011


Apply online for Elk and Firearm Either-Species/Either-Sex deer permits
PRATT — The Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT) reminds resident hunters that 2011 Firearm Either-Species/Either-Sex Deer permit applications are due July 8. Applications are available online and must be submitted online or by phone, 620-672-0728. No paper mail-in applications will be accepted. These permits allow firearm hunters to take a mule deer or white-tailed deer of either sex. General resident permits cost $37.50. Landowner/tenant permits cost $22.50, plus internet processing fees. Unsuccessful applicants will be charged a $6.50 application fee and receive one preference point for next year's drawing.
There are two mule deer zones for resident firearm hunters. In the West Zone (Deer Management Units 1, 2, 17, and 18), 1,290 permits are allocated. In the East Zone (Deer Management Units 3, 4, 5, 7, and 16), 1,000 permits are allocated.
Applications for limited resident elk permits valid in units 2A (Ft. Riley), 2, and 3 (most of Morton County closed) are also due July 8 through online application. Ten Either-Sex and 15 Antlerless-Only Elk permits are allocated for this drawing.
A unlimited number of Hunt-Own-Land Antlerless Only Elk and Hunt-Own-Land Either Sex Elk permits will be available for most of Kansas, except a portion of Morton County, which is closed to elk hunting. A Hunt-Own-Land Elk permit is valid during any elk season, and the bag limit is one elk as specified on the permit. These permits will be available July 25, 2011, through March 14, 2012.
An unlimited number of general resident Antlerless-Only Elk permits and Either-Sex Elk permits will be available over the counter. These permits are valid in Unit 3 (most of Kansas except Fort Riley and Morton County) only. The bag limit for each unlimited over-the-counter elk permit will be one elk as specified on the permit. These permits are also available July 25, 2011, through March 14, 2012. While most elk in Kansas inhabit the Fort Riley area, some small populations may be found in western Kansas on private land. KDWPT recommends that hunters make sure they have permission to hunt before purchasing a permit.
General resident Either-Sex Elk permits cost $252.50, and landowner/tenant Either-Sex permits are $127.50. General resident Antlerless-Only Elk permits cost $102.50. Landowner/tenant Antlerless-Only Elk permits are $52.50. The fee to apply for an elk permit is $7.69. Those unsuccessful in the drawing for limited permits valid on Fort Riley will receive a bonus point.
Applicants for limited elk permits valid on Fort Riley must apply online or by phone, 620-672-0728, by July 8. For more information, visit the KDWPT website,, or phone the nearest agency office. Elk and deer season information may be found on the website at Hunting/When to Hunt/Big Game.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment